About Shiraz


Boushehr. Due to the ample historical, cultural, religious, and natural attractions, the city has always hosted a lot of tourists.
 

 SHIRAZ

Shiraz used to be the capital city of Iran During Safarian, Buyids, and Zandieh dynasties. Shiraz is on major trade roads to South of Iran and has easy access to different seaports like Boushehr. Shiraz is on major trade roads to South of Iran and has easy access to different seaports in the southern Iran like

 


Shiraz is one of Iran's five largest cities located in Fars province. The cisty is at an altitude of 1486 meter above the sea level and enjoys a temperate climate. 

 Arg of Karim Khan

The Arg of Karim Khan (Persian: ارگ کريمخاني‎) is a citadel located in the north-east of Shiraz, southern Iran. It was built as part of a complex during the Zand dynasty and is named after Karim Khan, and served as his living quarters. In shape it resembles a medieval fortress.

At times, the citadel was used as a prison. Today, it is a museum operated by Iran's Cultural Heritage Organization.

 

 

 

ATTRACTION


Tomb of Hafez

The Tomb of Hafez and its associated memorial hall, the Hāfezieh, are two memorial structures erected in the northern edge of Shiraz, Iran, in memory of the celebrated Persian poet Hafez. The open pavilion structures are situated in the Musalla Gardens on the north bank of a seasonal river and house the marble tomb of Hafez. The present buildings, built in 1935 and designed by the French architect and archaeologist André Godard, are at the site of previous structures, the most well-known of which was built in 1773. The tomb, its gardens, and the surrounding memorials to other great figures are a focus of tourism in Shiraz.

 Qavam House

Qavam House (also widely called "Narenjestan e Ghavam") is a traditional and historical house in Shiraz, Iran. It is set within the Persian gardens of Eram Garden.

It was built between 1879 and 1886[1] by Mirza Ibrahim Khan. The Qavam family were merchants originally from Qazvin.

 

Eram Garden

Eram Garden (Persian: باغ ارم‎ "Bāgh of Eram") is a historic Persian garden in Shiraz, Iran. Eram is the Persianized version of the Arabic word "Iram" meaning heaven in the Muslim's book of Koran.[citation needed] Eram Garden therefore is so called for its beauties and aesthetic attractions resembling "heaven." The garden, and theQavam House within it, are located on the northern shore of the Khoshk river in the Fars province.

 

Qur'an Gate

Qur'an Gate (Persian: دروازه قرآن‎ Darvāzeh Qor'ān) is a historic gate in the southern-central Persian city of Shiraz, Iran.

It is located at the northeastern entrance of the city, on the way to Marvdasht and Isfahan, between Baba Kouhi and Chehel Maqam Mountains near Allah-O-Akbar Gorge.

Persepolis

 

 But they soon became active in the government during the Zand dynasty, followed by the Qajar, and Pahlavi dynasty as well.

The Qavam "Naranjestan" preserves the elegance and refinement enjoyed by the upper-class families during the 19th century. The paintings on the low ceilings of the house are inspired by Victorian era Europe.

The mirrored porch was a focal point of the house, overlooking the Eram Garden that was designed with fountains, date palms, and flowering plants.

During the second Pahlavi era, the House became the headquarters of Pahlavi University's "Asia Institute", directed by Arthur Upham Pope and Richard Nelson Frye. Frye and his family also lived in the house for a while.

 

Nasīr al-Mulk Mosque

The Nasīr al-Mulk Mosque (Persian: مسجد نصیر الملك‎ - Masjed-e Naseer ol Molk) is a traditional mosque in Shiraz, Iran, located in Goade-e-Araban place (near the famous Shah Cheragh mosque). The mosque was built during the Qājār era, and is still in use under protection by Nasir al Mulk's Endowment Foundation. It was built by the order of Mirza Hasan Ali Nasir al Molk, one of the lords of the Qajar Dynasty, in 1876 and was finished in 1888. The designers were Muhammad Hasan-e-Memar and Muhammad Reza Kashi Paz-e-Shirazi.

The mosque extensively uses colored glass in its facade, and displays other traditional elements such as panj kāseh-

Persepolis was the ceremonial capital of the Achaemenid Empire (ca. 550–330 BCE). Persepolis is situated 70 km northeast of the modern city of Shiraz in the Fars Province of modern Iran. The earliest remains of Persepolis date from around 515 BCE. UNESCO declared the citadel of Persepolis a World Heritage Site in 1979.[1] To the ancient Persians, the city was known as 𐎱𐎠𐎼𐎿 Pārsa ("The City of Persians").*[2] The English word Persepolis is derived from the Greek Πέρσης πόλις Pérsēs pólis ("Persian city"). In contemporary Persian, the site is known as تخت جمشید Takht-e Jamshid ("The Throne of Jamshid"), and چهل منار Chehel minar("The Forty Columns/Minarets").



 

 

The house today is a museum and is opened to the public. The house and the Eram Garden are within the Shiraz Botanical Garden.


Naqsh-e Rustam

Naqsh-e Rustam (Persian: نقش رستم‎ Naqš-e Rostam) also referred to as Necropolis is an archaeological site located about 12 km northwest of Persepolis, in Fars province, Iran. Naqsh-e Rustam lies a few hundred meters from Naqsh-e Rajab.

The oldest relief at Naqsh-i Rustam is severely damaged and dates to c. 1000 BC. It depicts a faint image of a man with unusual head-gear and is thought to be Elamite in origin. The depiction is part of a larger mural, most of which was removed at the command of Bahram II. The man with the unusual cap gives the site its name, Naqsh-e Rostam, "Picture of Rostam", because the relief was locally believed to be a depiction of the mythical hero Rostam.

 

Shāh Chérāgh

Shāh Chérāgh (Persian: شاه چراغ‎) is a funerary monument and mosque in Shiraz, Iran, housing the tomb of the brothers Ahmad and Muhammad, sons of Mūsā al-Kādhim and brothers of ‘Alī ar-Ridhā. The two took refuge in the city during the Abbasid persecution of Shia Muslims.

 

i (five concaves) in its design.


Pasargadae

Pasargadae (Persian: پاسارگاد‎ Pāsārgād), the capital of Cyrus the Great (559–530 BC) and also his last resting place, was a city in ancient Persia, and is today anarchaeological site and one of Iran's UNESCO World Heritage Sites.